Sunday, May 20, 2012

FREE 'HAPPY' PRINTABLE

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY...  :-)

I have a new printable for you to snag.  The template is by Belle, all the elements are from Paulette and the layout is my own.  Please use it for personal use only.  The elements are from various CLUBS that Paulette has sold, but the wordart is available HERE. 

Some folks have asked me how to "use" them.  Other folks have asked HOW I MAKE THEM.  YIKES...that is a big request.  I can only say I use Paint Shop Pro and have learned from various Yahoo Groups as well as online classes and various tutorial sites.  I have primarily used PSP version 7, but do use PSPX and now have PSPx4 that I have to learn.  But when you want to use a PRINTABLE...these are basic steps.

STEP ONE:
Save the image to your own computer.  Open it in whatever program you use for printing.  When I tell mine to print, I usually check to be sure it says PRINT FIT TO PAGE.  Some templates that is not necessary, but for the most part, that works for me.  For this, I printed three sets/copies in order to show you all aspects of these tea bag holders.  After you print the file, cut it out on the solid lines meant to be CUT.  In general dotted lines almost always mean to crease/fold and solid mean to cut, but solid could also be to crease/fold as in this template.

STEP TWO:
You can see better here how after cutting it out, I folded/creased the solid lines of the image.


STEP THREE:
Some options for assembly are to use double stick tape as I did here; craft glue, hot glue, buttons and string, eyelets, ETC...  these options are open to how the individual wants the project to look and how the template is structured.  For this purpose, I used double stick tape.  The flap on the "envelope" can be trimmed to fit better inside and make it a tuck tab otherwise, I used double stick tape on one and regular tape on another to see how I liked either look.  Frankly, I don't mind it either way.  Some do NOT want the shiny tape showing on the back side so the double stick is mandatory then.  UP TO YOU!

Then you tuck the teabag inside the envelope and after you have attached the hang tag element, again with double stick tape, tuck it inside too.


STEP FOUR:
You can see here, the different steps...  printed, cut, fold, assemble.  Now my goal for this is to add it to a greeting card as a little pick-me-up. You can use them to make "bouquets" by taping them to skewers and assembling them like a flower arrangement among some silk flowers/baby's breath in a pretty vase, or just to pass out to someone you want to give a RAK (random act of kindness) too.

Hope this little "tutorial" of sorts has helped those that have been asking the questions....

And last by not least...here is the printable... please just click to open in a new window/tab and then save to your own computer for printing when you are ready to play with it...



HAVE A HAPPY DAY!

Smuggles,
RhondaSue

.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Rhonda Sue, I'm crazy about tea bag holders. Don't drink tea but I make tons of bags for friends that do.

Tlc Creations said...

What a great project~! and what a great little gift this will make. Thank you for adding how you put it together.
Paulette

Smookiedo Crafts said...

Thanks for sharing on how you did this! I have a friend in mind who absolutely LOVES tea and I know that she will love this also!

Ruth said...

Thank you!!!! I know just the tea loving person to give this to!!!

Mickymunchkin's little space said...

oh, those are supercute! thanks for sharing!
hugs,
mickymunchkin

Barb said...

You are so talented! Thank you very much for sharing!
Barb

Bee and Dee said...

thank you for the tutorial and the printables. hugs bee

Rhonda Miller said...

Thank you, these are so fun.

Lucy said...

Gorgeous templates - thanks so much for sharing them x

Kathleen said...

These are lovely, and I have met someone new that I can't wait to make these for. Thank you for sharing.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. Great gift idea!

Barbara said...

Thank you so much for sharing the darling tea bag holder with us.I now do craft classes with a senior center and I am sure the ladies will love this! Hugs, Barbara

Junie said...

Thank you so much for the instructions and ideas on how to use them. What a great idea for a neat just because gift. Thanks for sharing with us. You are a gem. Thanks for all the freebes.

Edwina said...

Thank you! i have been wanting to know how to make these. Edwina Brown

Hetty said...

These are fun printabls, Rhonda!
They do make one HAPPY!